- To strengthen the Environmental Quality Act 1974 and the regulations under it through revisions or amendments of the Act.
- To formulate strategies and establish way forward on enforcement of premises and motor vehicles as required and stipulated in the Environmental Quality Act 1974.
- To receive, coordinate and ensure actions are taken by the State DOE offices or relevant agencies against environmental pollution complaints.
- To coordinate and procure logistic requirements related to enforcement.
- To promote and enhance clean production practices among industries.
- To conduct compliance audits on premises licensed by the Department of Environment (Crude Palm Oil Mills and Raw Natural Rubber Mills).