Environmental Award Sustainable Schools
Sustainable Schools – The Environmental Award program is a collaboration program between the Department of Environment, Ministry of Education Malaysia and the Institute of Environment and Development (LESTARI), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) which was launched on 27 January 2005.
Sustainable Schools – The Environmental Award is an effort to implement the National Environmental Policy which has eight (8) principles and seven (7) green strategies. The first Green Strategy focuses on aspects of education and awareness that provide an understanding of the concept
environmental well -being and sustainable development, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Education and awareness on the preservation and conservation of the environment which requires knowledge, understanding, attitude change and community involvement. Sustainable Schools – The Environmental Award aims to create a school environment that emphasizes
preservation and conservation of the environment that can add value to the school in five (5) components of Sustainable Schools, namely
covers management, co -curriculum, greening, curriculum and special elements.
The involvement of school people in the activities of Sustainable Schools- Environmental Awards can encourage the appreciation, practice and
cultivating eco-friendly features in the school environment, home, with the local community, the general public and finally at the national level.
Sustainable School Objectives- Environmental Award
Sustainable Schools are formed to achieve the following objectives:-
1. To cultivate good environmental values among school children
2. To increase the level of awareness of school children on the importance of preservation and conservation of the environment
3. To encourage school children to implement environmentally friendly activities effectively
4. To increase cooperation between schools and the community in successful environmental education
5 To create a conducive school environment to produce school people who practice sustainable living practices; and
6. Fostering civic values and character development towards sustainable development.
Definition of Sustainable Schools- Environmental Award
The Environmental Award Sustainable Schools uses the stated Environmental Definitions:
“Learning to understand human interaction with the environment and how the environment is managed wisely and responsibly towards the sustainability of life on earth. This process involves education about the environment, through the environment and for the environment ”.
1. Introduction to Sustainable Schools-Environmental Awards ( Click here for JPN, PPD, PBT ), ( Click here for Schools)
2. Guidelines for the Implementation and Evaluation of Sustainable Schools-Environmental Awards ( Click here )
3. Basis for the Formation of Sustainable Schools- Environmental Awards ( Click here )
4. Guidelines for Preparing Sustainable Schools-Environmental Awards (SLAAS) Report ( Click here )
5. Sustainable School Video Production Tips-Environmental Awards ( Click here )
6. Sustainable Schools Brochures-Environmental Awards ( Click here )
7. Official Entry Form (Form ASL-1)
* Report & video input of Sekolah Lestari must be sent via gmail SLAAS DOE of the respective State at the address here .
7. Sustainable Schools-Environmental Awards video here
8. Sustainable School Logo-Environmental Award ( Click here )